NVIDIA has recently released the 20th software update for the Shield TV, which was launched back in 2015. The latest Shield Software Experience Upgrade 7.1 is bringing a bunch of new features and improvement to the device.
The NVIDIA Shield TV was upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo in the previous 7.0 update. This time, the update adds support for in-game voice chat in GeForce NOW to allow users to communicate in various multiplayer games, like Fornite and PUBG. Mouse and keyboard movements are also supposed to be smoother and more accurate than before. For compatible monitors/TV, you will get a 120 Hz mode.
NVIDIA Share is returned to let you capture, record and stream your gameplay. Below are the full change log of the 7.1 update.
- In-game voice chat support – for communicating in top GeForce NOW games like Fortnite – with headsets connected to the 3.5mm headset jack on SHIELD controllers
- Improved keyboard and mouse support in GeForce NOW
- Smoother, more accurate mouse movements
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Keyboard and Mouse games row
- More day-and-date releases including Monster Hunter World and F1 2018
- The upcoming release of Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV companion app with a virtual keyboard and mouse that makes entering user names, email addresses and password simple
- The triumphant return of NVIDIA Share features (Broadcast to Twitch, recording and screenshots)
- 120Hz modes for supported TVs and monitors
Quick settings for power off, restart and sleep
Feel free to leave comments below, if you have any opinion about this website. Share the website around if you enjoy reading it. Subscribe to our Newsletter or follow our Google+, Facebook and Twitter.
Support this website simply by shopping in Amazon. It will give us small kickbacks, if you use the above affiliate links to make any purchases, which will help us grow.